Sunday, July 28, 2013

 
Last week I ran in my first real race (if you don't count a couple little 5K's I've done with the kids). Bruce and I ran together in the Deseret News Classic 10K. We have both been running for about a year and it was time to push ourselves a little more.
 


 
I have a bunch of friends and family who run half marathons and even marathons often... like several times a year! They say they do it for the challenge and for the love of running. I admit, we started running to loose a few pounds. And it work great! Bruce and I have both met our goal weights and are working on getting stronger.
 
 
 
I'm not completely convinced that I have fallen in love with running but it felt really good to set a goal and reach that goal! I didn't walk across the finish line, I ran. And in fact I ran the whole 6.2 miles and didn't stop once. I'm proud of us!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic effort, well done. My son and daughter-in-law have been running in marathons for a couple of years now, they started running for the same reason you have, just to lose a few kilos. They really enjoy the runs and the people they have met, some who have become friends.

    ReplyDelete