Monday, May 7, 2012

Summertime Romper

Over the weekend I made a summertime romper for my 5 year old. I used THIS great tutorial.
I thought the tutorial was written very well, though I did have to adjust for my daughter. She made her romper to fit her daughter who is 4. C is small for a 5 year old but I ended up making the body a bit longer and the elastic not quite as tight in the back. She gives you good instructions on how adjust for any size.
  

 I fell in love with those adorable classic pleats in the front.


(C's attempt at a "scary" face)
The fabric I used is called Verona by Riley Blake. I can't wait for it to get warm enough for her to actually wear it outside. Summer's almost here!

2 comments:

  1. I guess all you needed was a little time away from the shop to really SHINE! You are making some incredible things lately, and I am so happy to see you grow you sewing skills. What a darling combination for the romper!

    ReplyDelete