Thursday, April 12, 2012

TaDa!



I opened up a little pattern shop! I've had this idea rolling around in my head for ages. I'm so excited I finally did it! I think what finally sparked me to actually get my ideas down in pattern form was this fun trend of "Hoop Art". I love it! A fresh new way to frame your embroidery. Super cute and super simple (and super affordable!). I'll be posting some tips on where to find hoops, how to "frame" your embroidery in a hoop, and some tricks I've learned along the way for successful embroidery.



I've just completed 3 patterns so far, but my head is buzzing with ideas now that I've got these done. First up is called "Life Is..." Life is like riding a bicycle, in order to keep your balance you must keep moving. I can't decide what I love more, the bicycle or the mini "hexies" (which are not actually "sewn", by the way! I wanted to make sure everyone of every skill level could do this fun and easy project, so my mini hexies are just fusible applique with a sweet little running stitch all around).



The next one is probably my favorite because of that fun granny square block (also fusible applique! Talk about quick and easy.) I remember seeing "fire" balloons when I was a tiny little girl out our car window on a long drive one day in my childhood home of sunny southern California. My mom still has the little scraps of paper with my first drawings of hot air balloons on them. I think I'll make one of these as a gift for her (shhh, don't tell)!



And lastly, this little sewing machine. I've doodled this sewing machine so many times! I actually have a pin cushion with this same sewing machine embroidered onto it I made years ago. Gotta love that cute trendy bunting, and I fell in love with this saying when I first found it "Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep"



So why "Jumping Through Hoops". Well, despite the obvious play on the word "Hoops", embroidery hoops, hoop art... quite often here at home I feel like it is a real "trick" to pull it all together, like I'm jumping through hoops to make it all happen. I'm so busy being a mommy and wife (and all that goes along with that) that it is difficult to find the time to be creative. And I NEED my creative outlet! I know we all feel like that sometimes, jumping through hoops to try and get it all done, whether we are a full time mom, juggling a career and family, married, single, Aunt, Sister, Grandma, or all of the above :) we are amazing! We are doing an awesome job! And we deserve to take a little time to stitch.


Click HERE to check out my new shop where you can buy these patterns in either PDF printable form or have the shipped to your door!

No comments:

Post a Comment