Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My first Swoon block



As in, the first block I've made from Thimble Blossoms absolutely gorgeous quilt pattern Swoon. Do you like it? I sure do! Want to see the rest of my Swoon quilt?...





There it is, all neatly organized into little baggies :) My goal is to finish 2 blocks a week, and then show you and share on THIS flickr pool. This block took me about 2 hours to make, so I figure 2 a week sounds do-able (depends on the week, I guess). I'm hoping that the completion of this quilt and this years tax return fall roughly at the same time because I have a feeling it's going to take the whole thing to get this baby quilted! The pattern is for an 80 X 80 inch quilt, but I'm going to add a border or two so that it fits our queen sized bed. And once I have such a beautiful quilt on my bed, I'll want to paint the walls to match. A project for 2012... I'll be sure and let you know how it goes.



The fabric I'm using is mostly fabric designed by Sandi Henderson, Meadowsweet and Meadowsweet 2.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you are ready to paint, we can take one of the boys late nights and knock it out. I love painting.

    ReplyDelete