Monday, October 3, 2011

My Console Table

I see a blank space and I immediately start thinking what quilt can I put there. My pretty little console table by my front door needed a table runner. Of course I knew a table runner made out of the fabric Ruby by Thimble Blossoms would look perfect there. Most of my house is decorated in Camille Roskelley's fabric anyway.



Does this table runner look familiar to you? If you own THIS BOOK then it might. I was inspired by both the Sugar Rush Quilt in her book and THIS BAG. But I wanted to make mine out of a charm pack (cheaper than a jelly roll). So I cut my 5" squares from a Ruby charm pack into 2 1/2" squares. I like the look of all those little squares, but trying to match them all up was... well, impossible. My seams don't match up much at all. Oh well, good thing I'm not a perfectionist.



To be honest, this is how my console table looks right now...


I suppose my new table runner will just have to wait until the holidays have run their course.

I got the idea for my pumpkin HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment