Thursday, July 21, 2011

More Christmas in July... last one, I promise!

Do you remember these...

If not you can read more about them HERE.

A lot of the time when I make something I'm not too sure about, I hold it up for my kids and ask them "what do you think this is?" Kids are so honest that I know if they get it right the first time, I've done a good job. When I held up these slippers for the first time to my daughter and asked what she thought they were, she got super excited and said "Tinkerbell's Shoes!" Well, they could be Tinkerbell shoes too, I'm ok with that. They are also Elf shoes, I told her. She was happy with both (they might have spent more time being Tinkerbell shoes to be honest, but that just makes them fun all year long!)

I've decided to make the pattern free for you to download. Just click HERE. I don't have a "tutorial" with pictures, but I did spend a lot of time trying to write out a good pattern.

The pattern is for a 3 to 8 year old, but I highly suggest you measure your childs foot to choose the right fit. I started out with a half yard of green felt and a half yard of flannel. You'll also need 6 pom poms, 3 for each shoe. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment