Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Orleans over the weekend...



I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. I certainly did! We spent the weekend in New Orleans. My husband is an attorney and had to attend a legal conference. I tagged along and we spent a couple extra days together exploring the city.



We fell in love every time we turned around. New Orleans is such a fascinating city. So much history!



While my husband was in his meetings durning the day, I enjoyed walking around enjoying the architecture, shopping and eating.



We took a tour of the Mississippi River aboard the steamboat Natchez. Live Jazz and lots of yummy food made it one of my favorite things we did in New Orleans.



The houses, as you can see, are worth the trip.



And we definitely had to stop by one of their wonderfully spooky cemeteries. Because of the ground being so saturated with water, they have to bury their dead above ground in these tombs. I'd never seen anything like it before!



I didn't come across any quilt stores on our trip, but I did find a delightful store full of art work and these handmade dolls. A lot of the shops are owned by artists who sell and display their art in a gallery like setting.



We got to enjoy lots of live music. They aren't kidding when they claim to have live Jazz bands on every corner!



And eat some of the best food I have ever tasted. I am determined to find a decent Creole resturant in Salt Lake City... any suggestions?



It wasn't Mardi Gras season but this pink tree with beads drapped from it's branches was absolutely beautiful. I don't think you see it the picture just how great it was. It actually sparkled in the sun! A lot of the trees still held signs of a city who likes to have fun.



I highly recommend New Orleans as a vacation spot, especially if, like me, you enjoy history, shopping and FOOD (who doesn't!). I will miss New Orleans, I hope we get back there some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment